Do You Have Water Damage?
Although the floods of 2013 and the hailstorms of 2014 have grabbed the headlines, it is important to remember that most water damage in homes is not due to the river flooding or hail breaking your skylights. Most home water claims are due to broken washing machine or dishwasher hoses, frozen pipes, overflowing tubs or toilets, or backed up septic or sewer systems. And to top off the misery, it always seems to occur at night or on the weekend.
At Rainbow International of Northern Colorado, we don’t care what time of day (or night), weekend, or holiday your water emergency takes place. A call to our 24/7 Emergency number will have a member of our team at your side as quickly as possible.
Get it Done Within the First 48
Water damage is progressive and items that could be restored within the first 48 hours of the water damage may not be restored if emergency response is delayed. Although you might be tempted to use a shop vacuum or call a company that only has equipment to dry carpet, you should consider that water will wick up walls and travel under base molding and sill plates. It will penetrate through floor coverings into sub-floors, even causing water damage in rooms below.
In addition, if humidity inside the structure is not controlled, items that were not damaged from the original water damage could be damaged because of absorbing moisture from the air. Did you know structures that are not dried out quickly and properly can become a food source for mold growth?
Rainbow International of Northern Colorado water restoration service professionals are trained on current procedures, such as Rapid Structural Drying, to dry your entire structure as quickly as possible, using state-of-the-art equipment and technology. Moisture meters are used to locate moisture that may not be visible or may be hidden behind walls or cabinets. This enables our water restoration service professionals to ensure that all wet materials are dry. Because we understand how important it is to react quickly in the unfortunate event of water, smoke, or fire damage, you can rely on Rainbow International to provide emergency response and quick professional service 24-hours a day.
In the event of water damage, do the following:
- Stay calm!
- Call Rainbow International of Northern Colorado
- Locate the source of the water and make sure it is turned off.
- Turn off the breaker in the damaged area before you unplug or remove any electrical devices located on the wet carpet.
- Place aluminum foil under the legs of any furniture which is in contact with wet carpet. This might help prevent furniture stains on your carpet.
- Lift draperies away from wet carpet.
- Pin up upholstered furniture skirts which may get wet.
- Remove books, shoes, paper goods, fabrics, potted plants, and other items which may stain wet carpet.
Do not attempt the following:
- Do not use your home vacuum, since electrical shock may result, as well as certain damage to the equipment itself.
- Do not place newspaper in traffic areas to walk on, since newspaper ink transfers easily to the wet carpet fibers and may result in permanent staining.
- Do not walk on carpet any more than necessary. This will keep the damage from spreading to unaffected areas.